Stay in the Know
Join our free e-newsletter!
Wagga Golden Crow Outstanding Business Awards
Email us a Quick Enquiry
How To Prepare An Effective Design Brief For Graphic Design Projects
A thoroughly prepared client brief is half the success of a rebranding or design project. Attaining all the necessary and relevant information from the client and a comprehensive insight into the client’s brand provides you with a great foundation for the right brand identity and design solution.
As a designer or brand consultant, a properly prepared client brief gives multiple sources of ideas to work with. Unless you have a clear understanding of what the client wants and needs you waste your time trying to design something out of nothing and the client ends up spending more money than budgeted for as a result of the required modifications…which naturally makes both parties very happy….
Depending on the particular project you will need a specific design brief.
That means if you are developing a website or creating a business card, the client design brief will be different. However, there is some general information about your company and what you want to achieve, which should give a good idea in any design situation. Here are some general questions that will help me and fellow designers and consultants:
- What is the nature of your business? What does your business do?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many people in your team?
- Who is your target market?
- Age, Sex, Income, Occupation, Location?
- What is unique about your business or product?
- Who is your competition?
- What makes you better than your competition?
- What's your point of difference?
- What is your aim? What are your goals?
- How are you going to measure the success of the project?
- How do you want your clients to feel about the brand? What is the message you want to communicate?
- What is your budget? Range?
- Providing a rough guide enables the consultant/designer with an idea of the type of marketing and design solution that can be provided to you.
- What is your deadline?
- Provide the designer with current and past design and marketing materials.
Handy Briefing Planners available...
To help put your next design brief together, simply email us today and ask for one of our 'Handy Planners' which will guide you through the briefing process. We've created a specific Planner for Logo Design, Print Collateral and Web Design so whatever your project, we've got it covered.
Give us a tingle on 1300 424 727 or send us an email and get your business blooming. We'd love to hear from you...